Based in Washington, DC, BroadFutures is a nonprofit dedicated to empowering neurodivergent young people through innovative training, mentoring, and internships. With approximately 1 in 5 Americans being neurodivergent and less than 50% employed or completing post-secondary education, we strive to disrupt the status quo. Our programs promote independence, self-advocacy, and successful workforce and higher education preparation. As the sole program of its kind nationally, we have successfully served 350+ individuals directly, reached hundreds more through outreach, and partnered with 65+ employers.
As the Admissions & Outreach Director (AOM), reporting to the CEO, you will collaborate with the team, playing a crucial role in our operations and serving as a key ambassador for our mission. The AOM establishes and strengthens partnerships, contributes significantly to outreach events and culture, and leads the admissions team. Success in this role requires the ability to balance multiple tasks, experience in outreach and admissions, and a passion for working with neurodiverse young people.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with keen attention to detail, a strong commitment to outreach and engagement, and a mission-driven approach. The ideal candidate excels in cultivating meaningful connections and garnering support, thriving in a dynamic and adaptable organizational environment.
- Develop a comprehensive outreach plan with goals, methods, measurable outcomes, and timelines for sustainability and annual budget goals. Lead the team to achieve these objectives.
- Manage the entire outreach process, from identifying to executing events.
- Lead outreach initiatives by connecting with potential educational institutions, professionals, and community partners. Sustain and expand existing relationships for collaboration and engagement.
- Supervise the admissions process and lead the admissions team in assessing and selecting program participants.
- Participate in daily events, programs, and organizational processes as required. Represent BroadFutures at networking and outreach events.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, nonprofit management, or related field, or equivalent experience in disability or special education roles. A Master’s Degree is highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in admissions, outreach, or sales with direct experience with neurodiversity.
- Proven success in outreach/sales and admissions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with an ability for both the big picture and details.
- Demonstrated effective time management, ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Initiative-driven, creative problem solver, capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Mission-driven. You turn objectives into social impact effortlessly.
- Results-oriented. You navigate ambiguity, prioritize effectively, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as a self-starter. .
- Collaborative. You work effectively with others, understanding organizational needs and engaging confidently at all levels.
- Strong communicator. You convey information articulately and passionately, actively listening and implementing feedback.
- Highly organized. You diligently track details and ensure efficient follow-up.
- Customer-oriented. Stakeholders respect your knowledge and find you approachable, making you an effective ambassador for BroadFutures.
- Curious and business-minded. You continuously learn, analyze needs, and understand our business model and strategy. Your adaptability, passion, and attention to detail make you a valuable team member.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Your work will have a direct impact on the success of BroadFutures and its participants.
- We are a small organization where you will have the opportunity to work directly with the founder and play an important role in helping our expansion efforts and it will be an exciting time to be part of the growth
- Our staff is enthusiastic and highly motivated by the mission.
- Our work environment is collaborative and flexible.
- Our board and advisory board are skilled, engaged and supportive.
- We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with relevant experience and skills, and an excellent benefits package.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer 20 days paid time off and 13 paid holidays, health insurance including dental and vision, and participation in a 403(b) plan with matching. We also offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule.
Email your resume and cover letter articulating your interest and qualifications for the position to Carolyn Jeppsen at [email protected]. Please include BroadFutures Admissions & Outreach Manager as the subject of the email.